Despite the common misconception among adults that the journey towards having straight teeth must begin in adolescence, this is no longer the case due to advancements in dentistry. With the help of Invisalign in North Edmonton, many adults have obtained a more radiant smile. Along with helping you straighten your teeth, orthodontic treatment and Invisalign braces can provide a number of additional health benefits.
If you have been thinking about getting braces but prefer clear aligners, you will be happy to know that doing so has many benefits for your general health over the traditional metal type. Look at our list below.
How Invisalign Works to Improve Oral Health
Gum disease is less likely to strike if you acquire treatment for Invisalign near you. This is because plaque cannot accumulate as well due to the aligners clinging tightly to your teeth. And since gum disease is mostly brought on by plaque, adhering to the treatment instructions can help keep your gums healthy.
Importance of Good Oral Hygiene During Invisalign Treatment
- Keeps Your Teeth Healthy: Food crumbs can get wedged in between your teeth and aligners, increasing your risk of developing tooth rot. After every meal or snack, it’s crucial to brush and floss your teeth before reapplying your aligners. This lessens the possibility of cavities and enamel degradation by clearing away any food particles and maintaining a clean mouth environment.
- Reduces the Risk of Periodontitis: If the gum line and the spaces between the teeth are not cleaned thoroughly, plaque and bacteria can build up and cause gum disease. It could be more difficult to fully clean certain regions while using Invisalign aligners. You can reduce the risk of gum disease during your treatment by practicing proper oral hygiene, which includes routine brushing, flossing, and the use of an antimicrobial mouthwash.
- Prevents Bad Breath: Bad breath can be caused by poor dental hygiene. Unpleasant odors can be released by germs and food particles that are left in the mouth. Throughout your Invisalign treatment, you can avoid bad breath by following a strict dental hygiene regimen and keeping your mouth clean.
- Promotes Healthy Gums: Gum inflammation or bleeding may be a sign of gum disease or poor oral hygiene. You may maintain healthy, inflamed-free gums by maintaining adequate oral hygiene. For your Invisalign treatment to be successful, you must have healthy gums since they give your teeth a solid base on which to travel.
To get the most out of your treatment, practice good oral hygiene to keep your aligners looking fresh. The aligners may become less effective and may need to be changed more frequently if plaque accumulates on them. You can ensure the effectiveness of your Invisalign treatment and maybe shorten the length of the treatment by keeping your aligners clean and maintaining good oral health.
Addressing Common Concerns About Invisalign and Oral Health
- By maintaining good oral hygiene habits and keeping your aligners clean, you can reduce your risk of developing tooth decay.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help keep your gums healthy and lessen inflammation.
- Staying hydrated and using items that increase saliva can help treat dry mouth problems.
- The majority of people rapidly adjust to speaking while wearing aligners, and any speech problems usually go away within a few days or weeks.
- TMJ discomfort occurring during Invisalign is uncommon, but it can be managed by talking to your dentist near you or an orthodontist about your concerns.
Get the Smile You Deserve with The Dentists at Northgate
Invisalign can be a fantastic tool for enhancing your oral health. To determine if Invisalign is the best option for you, it’s crucial to speak with a dentist near you. They’ll be able to identify if you’re a suitable candidate for this course of care.
Are you finally ready to get started? If so, give our dentist in North Edmonton a call or send us a message via the request form on our company website. We look forward to seeing you soon!