Why Dental Implants? Edmonton Dentists Discuss the Benefits
Your smile should last a lifetime, but that is not always the case. Dental implants help restore your smile and can replace broken or missing teeth. Not only is having missing teeth embarrassing, if it is left untreated, it can affect your ability to chew. Over time, this will start affecting your overall lifestyle.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have now been around for several years and the technology is constantly evolving. When you receive dental implants in Edmonton you can look forward to these lifelong benefits that include:
- Immediate Results: Once the implants are in place, you will have a restored smile. What’s more, your implants will result in a dramatic improvement for chewing, appearance, comfort and stability.
- Improved Appearance: Your smile plays a critical role in your self-confidence. A major benefit to getting dental implants in Edmonton is that they prevent further deterioration, preserve bone and improve your overall appearance.
- Restore Self-Esteem: Once you are able to eat what you want, smile without worrying about missing teeth, and laugh, you can begin to regain self-confidence and restore your self-esteem. You no longer have missing or damaged teeth to be ashamed of.
- Comfort: Unlike dentures, dental implants do not have to come out for daily cleaning. You can stay comfortable while eating, drinking and sleeping because your implants are permanent fixtures in your mouth.
- Natural Look: Dental implants look and function like real teeth. Because the entire tooth (including the root structure) is replaced, they feel like real teeth in your mouth and are strong, stable and still comfortable while eating and chewing. This is something that dentures cannot offer. The best part is, no one will have to know you have implants!
- Healthier Mouth: Dental implants promote a healthier mouth because they fill empty spaces inside your mouth and protect the healthy jaw bones underneath. When missing teeth are left untreated, you could suffer from loss or deterioration of the jawbone. Dental implants are a good way to prevent bone loss or maintain the bone. While they look and function like real teeth, you will still need to visit your dentist regularly to ensure your gums and mouth remain healthy. Dental implants must be checked regularly by dentists to ensure there is no bone loss around the implant. If implants are not cleaned properly, you can have bone loss and the implant can fail and become mobile and there are circumstances where the implant may have to be removed if it is not functioning properly.
- Better Speech: Dentures can cause unnatural speaking and make it difficult to pronounce certain words. Dental implants function like natural teeth and are not bulky, nor do they shift. This helps to ensure that your speech is not affected.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants in Edmonton?
You will want to meet with a dental professional to have your bone structure and mouth assessed to see if you are a candidate for implants. The dentist will assess if you have enough bone. Even if you do not, there may be ways to correct your bone deficiency so that you can still receive implants.
Schedule your dental implant consultation with our team at The Dentists at Northgate. Call us at 780-478-5457 or contact us online with your questions.